skip navigation

Transfer Policy

Every UB economics major must take at least four upper level (i.e. 300 level or higher) economics elective courses at UB. Transfer credit may be given towards the required courses (ECO 405 Microeconomic Theory, ECO 407 Macroeconomic Theory, and ECO 480 Econometrics I), ECO 181 Introduction to Macroeconomics, ECO 182 Introduction to Microeconomics, and other economics electives.

To obtain transfer credit, the courses you took at another university or college must first be in the HUB system so that they show up on your AAR report.  For this, you must go to the Undergraduate Admissions Office in 12 Capen Hall.  See for more information.  Once the courses you took at another university or college are in the HUB system, they can be transferred in as UB economics courses.  There are two ways for courses to be transferred:

  1. UB has transfer agreements with most universities and colleges in the US, some community colleges in the US, and leading universities around the world.  The transfer agreements are governed by the Transfer Articulation and University Requirements at UB System (TAURUS).  The list of courses and their UB equivalents can be found at  If you took a course at another university or college that is listed on TAURUS, then you will automatically be given UB credit for the course as stated in TAURUS.
  2. If the course you took at another university or college is not in the TAURUS system, then you must do the following.  Read the instructions on the Articulation Request form and be certain that you satisfy all the conditions stated therein.  Forms are available outside the Department Office (415 Fronczak Hall).  You do not need to fill out the form. Bring the syllabus of the course you want to transfer and a copy of your AAR report to the Director of Undergraduate Studies in Economics.  The syllabus must contain an outline of the material covered in class and state the textbook used.  The Director will then determine whether transfer credit can be granted for the course.