skip navigation

Graduate Forms

Below you’ll find all Masters and Doctoral Economics Student Academic Forms as well as the Registrar, Graduate School, and specific forms for International students.

If you have any questions about these forms, please send us an email.

Economics Departmental Forms

Eco 598/600 – Independent Research Form for Course Registration (pdf) – This form is to be used to apply for Economics Independent Research. Fill out the form, have the professor sponsoring the research sign, and return to the Assistant Director for course registration. You are limited to two (2) Independent Research courses to count for course credit to your Masters or Doctoral degree. It does not count to the Advanced Certificate.

Required Course Waiver (pdf) – To be used to request a required Masters Economics course be waived. Electives don’t require waivers unless they are not part of your Advanced Certificate track or program. Must be submitted to the Director of the Masters Programs.

Petition approval for non-ECO elective towards the Masters degree (pdf) – Please fill out and submit to the Director.

Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory Grade Request (pdf) – To Request a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory grade. Please consult individual professors for signature and bring a signed copy to the Assistant Director for filing. Per Graduate School Policies & Procedures, only a certain percentage of courses towards the degree can be S/U grading.

Eco 597 – Internship Course Registration and Objectives Statement (pdf) – For when you are applying for an internship for credit, or require proof for your CPT/OPT. This form must be submitted with the internship offer letter from the company/organization and returned to the Assistant Director.

Registering for your Advanced Certificate (pdf) – This is to officially register your Advanced Certificate track with the Graduate School.

Switching between Master’s Program – To go from MA to MS (or MS to MA), or to receive a MA while in progress for your PhD. Please send an email requesting this.

Non-Economics Major Registering into an Economics Course (pdf) – This is for students outside of the Economics major wishing to register for a course in the Economics department. Return this form to the mailbox of Jameson Yu in 415 Fronczak Hall. Submission of form does not guarantee entrance into the course. Students will be placed on the waiting list and registered during the first week of classes.

The Graduate School

General Forms for Students in the all the degree programs

The Graduate School policies and procedures also list guidelines for economics students on registration and degree conferral.

** To receive your degree, our office will need the Application to Candidacy (ATC) the M-Form for the non-thesis, and the Certification of Full-Time Student Status if you are taking less than full-time credits. These are found on the Graduate School website. International Students may need the Reduced Course Load form from ISSS, please check with them.

** To walk in the Commencement Graduation Ceremony, be sure to follow all of the instructions on the Commencement website.

Funding Applications

Graduate Opportunity Program – The Graduate Opportunity Program (GOP; formerly GEOP) provides tuition scholarships to students who graduated from certain programs in New York State

Graduate Tuition Scholarship – Fellowships and scholarships are designed to attract and support graduate students who have exceptional academic records and potential. These prestigious awards generally include a full or partial tuition scholarship, often include a generous stipend, and are designed to let the student concentrate on coursework and/or research.

International Students

Financial Information Aid for students – The following financial information shows the minimum costs that will be indicated on your I-20 / DS-2019 Certificate of Visa Eligibility. Actual costs will vary depending on degree, program and personal spending. Visit Student Accounts for more information.

Immigration Status (pdf) – used for immigration status purposes. Please consult ISSS office and Assistant Director for any question. An Application To Candidacy must be filed in order for the Certification Full Time Status form to be submitted.

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)/Optional Practical Training (OPT) for F-1 – Guidelines & Forms – Bring forms to Fronczak 429 for the Assistant to the Graduate Studies to sign.

Doctoral-Related Forms

Extension of Tuition Scholarship Support Form
Extra Service Compensation Form

Fellowship Appointment Data Form

additional Graduate Tuition Scholarship Forms