Assistant Professor of Economics
Office: 427 Fronczak
Phone: (716) 645-8678
Fall 2013 classes: 407H/507A MWF 10:00-10:50; 416/516 MWF 1:00-1:50
Fall 2013 office hours: W 3:00-4:30 and by appointment
- Ph.D., University of Washington (2004)
- MA, University of Washington (2003)
- BA, Universidade Lusiada (1997)
- Economic Growth and Development
- International Economics
- "The Composition of Productive Government Expenditure: Consequences for Economic Growth and Welfare" with Stephen J. Turnovsky. Invited for the inaugural issue of the Indian Growth and Development Review 2008.
- "The Tenure Game: Building up academic habits", with Joao Ricardo Faria. Japanese Economic Review 59, 370-380, 2008 (with Joao Ricardo Faria)
- "Consumption Externalities, Production Externalities, and Efficient Capital Accumulation under Time Non-Separable Preferences", with Stephen J. Turnovsky European Economic Review, 51, 479-504, 2007.
- "Habit Formation, Catching up with the Joneses, and Economic Growth," with Francisco Alvarez-Cuadrado and Stephen J. Turnovsky Journal of Economic Growth, 9, 47-80, 2004.