Assistant Professor of Economics
Office: 201 Fronczak Hall
Phone: (716) 645-8691
Website: Professor Liu's Personal Webpage
Spring 2013 classes: ECO 467/567; ECO 666
Spring 2013 office hours: Mon & Wed: 4:40PM-5:30PM
- B.A. Economics, Tsinghua University
- M.A., Stony Brook University
- Ph.D., Stony Brook University
- Information Economics
- Behavioral Economics
- Financial Markets
Papers and Research in Progress
- "Fair disclosure and investor asymmetric awareness in stock markets,"
- "The dirty face problem with unawareness," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, forthcoming.
- "Social security literacy and retirement well-being," with Hugo Benitez-silva and Berna Demiralp, in progress.
- "What do you care what others do? The herding of comparable firms on earnings management," with Weihao Xu, in progress.
- "Justifying cursed equilibrium via partial awareness," in progress.
Other Contributions and Distinctions
- Research grant from Michigan Retirement Research Center. 2008-2009.
- Seed Grant for Survey Research. V.P. for Research at SUNY-Stony Brook, and Center for
Survey Research. 2007
- Outstanding Doctoral Student Paper Award. The 2007 American Accounting Association
Mid-Atlantic Regional Meeting. 2006-2007