Spring 2013 classes: N/A
Spring 2013 office hours: By appointment
- Ph.D. University of Pennsylvania
- M.A., M.C.P. University of Pennsylvania
- B.S., B.A. Carnegie-Mellon University
- Applied microeconomics
- Urban economics
- Housing policy in free and regulated economies
- Computable dynamic urban general equilibrium models,
- Applied econometrics,
- Theory of discrete choice models,
- Economic growth and cities,
- New international trade theory.
- $750,000 in research awards while at Northwestern University
- $1,175,000 in research awards at the University at Buffalo
For a full listing of publications, please see Prof. Anas personal webpage.
Other Contributions and Distinctions
- Fellows Award of the Regional Science Association International for distinguished scholarly contributions to the field of Regional Science, 2006;
- Awarded more than $750,000 in research grants from the National Science Foundation, the Department of Housing and Urban Development, the U.S. Department of Transportation and the Federal Transit Administration (while at Northwestern University, 1976-1991);
- United Parcel Service Visiting Professor of Infrastructure Planning and Management, Stanford University (1981-82);
- Recipient of 1995 Lusk Summer Fellowship, University of Southern California; Editor of the Special Issue of Urban Studies on Transportation and Land Use (June 1998);
- On the editorial board of various journals since 1985;
- Invited participant in various international conferences in Taipei , Seoul , Stockholm , Tel-Aviv and Honolulu (while at the University at Buffalo , since 1991).