- Ph.D, The Ohio State University 1998
- M.A., The Ohio State University 1995
- M.A., People’s University of China 1992
- B.A., People’s University of China 1989
- Theoretical and Applied Econometrics
- International Finance
- Economic Growth and Development
- “A Current View of Tobin’s Classis Paper on Demand for Food” (with G.S. Maddala and Y.Yin). An experiment in Applied Econometrics, J. Magnus and M.Morgan (eds.), pp 251-264, Wiley, New York, 1999.
- “A Comparative Study of Unit Root Tests with Panel Data and a New Simple Test” (with G.S. Maddala), Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics 61 (November 1999), 631-52.
- “Cross-Country Growth Regressions: Problems of Heterogeneity, Stability and Interpretation” (with G.S. Maddala). Applied Economics, 32 (2000), 635-642.
- “Do Panel Data Rescue the Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) Theory” (with G.S. Maddala and P.C. Liu), in Panel Data Econometrics: Future Directions, J. Drishnakumar and E. Ronchetti (eds.), 35-52.
- “Stationary Tests in Heterogeneous Panels” (with Y.Yin), in Nonstationary Panels, Panel Co-integration, and Dynamic Panels, B. Baltagi (Eds.), 275-296, Elsevier, 2000.
- “Is Purchasing Power Parity Overvalued?” (with J.Wu), Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking, 33 (August 2001), 804-812.
- “Spurious Regression with Integrated Regressors in Panel Data”, March 1997.